Sunday, October 31, 2010

Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself

When you see celebrities make less-than-flattering choices about their wardrobe & hair (life decisions being another matter that requires a whole separate blog entry), you can't help but wonder why they thought said decision would be okay when expected to be photographed.

Let's explore some prime examples, shall we?
We shall.

Anna Paquin made her post-marital debut on the red carpet of the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards just eight days after exchanging vows with blood-sucking leech Steven Moyer (who is arguably hotter than Robert Pattinson, though if you ask me, I say "vampires" are ugly).

I guess now that she's locked down her vampire lover, she sees no need to please the rest of us. I wasn't even going to get to the issue of her teeth because in some strange way it can be charming, but every time I see her in this Alexander McQueen dress, the sensitivity of bringing up her teeth fades. Invest in veneers. See: Hilary Duff, before and after. And Hilary didn't even have bad teeth to begin with.

The excessive hardware on top is a recipe for an orthopedic disaster. The hem in the front is a disaster. The train is a disaster. C'mon. You might as well have come the way you were on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.



Okay, do these two pictures really require an explanation?

Snooki looks terrible in everything. At least she got rid of that pouf
(not that her bangs are any better...)






To address the GaGa issue in its entirety, I would need to dedicate a full blog entry and a half as to why she is a complete TRAIN WRECK.

Unfortunately I cannot hold her to the same standards as the other three ladies because GaGa is normal ZERO percent of the time. I would pay to see her in Elie Saab with normal sized pumps and moderate accessories.


So we've seen an ample number of examples of celebrities whose judgment were blind-sighted for whatever reason. And while we may never know what possessed Paquin to roam the carpet with an outfit fit for jousting or why Snooki thinks it's okay for hems to fall right below her bottom and not an inch longer, we must realize that they're human and that everyone makes mistakes.
See below.

Enlarge this photo to experience my lack of judgment to its fullest.

This is me,
circa November 2008.

One eyebrow is almost twice as long as the other, both eyebrows are untrimmed on the ends facing each other and I thought this was such a great picture back in Nov.'08 and proceeded to load an album full of pictures in which you can see a mama caterpillar chase a baby caterpillar on my face...(there are worse pictures than this but I have enough pride to keep those pictures within the limits of my hard drive...but clearly not enough pride to just delete them...)

So while celebrities may have an added responsibility of taking extra precautions to look presentable and just good, know that hindsight is 20/20 and for some reason obvious grooming necessities go overlooked and go unnoticed until later. So forgive the aforementioned ladies (except GaGa and Snooki- for they shall never be forgiven) and look back thru old Facebook pictures to be shocked at what you once thought would be a great picture to share with the Internet. And possibly share your awful photos with me so I can feel better about mine? :)

3 comments:

  1. HAHA "a mama caterpillar chase a baby caterpillar"

    ReplyDelete
  2. spot on Gina, I could spend a day deleting all my anna paquin moments off fb.

    ReplyDelete