Monday, November 22, 2010

Larger Than Life: NKOTBSB!

I was eight. And in love. His voice was a soothing combination of a chain smoker and an audio book narrator. He had me at “baby, baby” (the love that we had was so strong, don’t leave me hanging here forever. Oh baby, baby, this is not right, let’s stop this tonight). For the next ten years, I would convince myself that by memorizing every single fact about him, I could increase my chances of landing him. His middle name, his favorite color, his birthday, his pets, HIS ADDRESS (which I shamelessly MapQuested). I pretended to overlook the ink that had possessed both of his arms, his countless efforts to rehabilitate from alcohol and drugs, his piercings- telling myself it was part of the bad-boy charm. I hadn't even hit double digits and I was already making excuses for a boy.
AJ McLean, I was so in love with you.

I once considered demoting AJ from my favorite Backstreet Boy and promoting Nick,
but after House of Carters ran an embarrassingly subpar season of reality television, I advised myself not to.
Enlighten yourself below (and I use the word "enlighten" ever so lightly.)



Twelve years later, I am still a fan of the now balding Alexander James McLean. While the last two albums may have been less than Grammy-worthy, hearing any of the songs off their debut - Never Gone albums make me scream like a little, little girl.

My most recent episode: last night watching the American Music Awards, at which the New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys closed the show with their mash up finale. I screamed like a very annoying little girl, but you can't tell me you didn't either (addressed to both genders).



NKOTBSB (New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys) are kicking off a Summer 2011 Tour; dates are being released progressively. They're coming to D.C. to the Verizon Center on Friday, June 3rd, 2011!!! You can get tickets on December 11th if you're checking out the DC show- to check other dates, see here.

SO PUMPED. Who doesn't want to see a stage full of 30-40 year old men singing and "dancing" to tunes addressed to prepubescent girls??! Don't lie...I know you do!!!

P.S.: How can I say AMAs without mentioning my girl, Taytay.  I can't.  The girl was ballin' with her sleek straight hair and fresh cut bangs.  Almost makes it okay that she's dating Jakey Jakey.  (I die). Seriously.  I think she is on a campaign to win me over.  Normally my captions stamped on Taylor pictures reflect my hatred for the gal, but this time, my caption is a reference to:
"WTF, Taylor, now you're perfect.  WTH am I supposed to do now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment